Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lord, I Lift Your Name On High

Day TWO: I am not really sure what Day it is exactly. I ate a Hungarian meal last night or tonight and it was super good. I thought I would lose weight on this trip, but probably not going to happen in Hungary (ironic, get it, Hung ry). That was for you Babe.

I got up at 5:00am this morning to catch a 5 hour train ride to Oradea, Romania. Yippee. I just had the worlds smallest up of coffee. Dad and I have had some great convo about why I am actually over here, basically it is b/c he gets bored. Not really, but really. He actually wrote a worship song with every English Christian cliche' in it. Might be a best seller. I also had to show the scary faced border patrol my passport twice, but this time I had a stamp from Budapest (i’m more official). Most of the people in Oradea are proud of their new shopping mall, because they took us there first and everyone was there. It was hard to get any service at the mall though, because the cashier was making out with her boyfriend on the cash register. One of the seminary professors told me the average salary in Oradea is around 200 or 300 dollars a month. We ate at KFC for dinner. I think I just feel asleep, later.



5 comments:

Kevin said...

man, we missed you today...and gave you a bunch of stuff to do for our retreat. Sucker. We seriously hope you get your plane so we can head to switzerland some day.

Unknown said...

I have never replied to a blog- I am a little nervous... I have already erased what I was going to say 2 times... hope I am cool enough to "play" - I liked your pics and thanks for the shout out- i guess i am glad you are having fun without me!! miss ya like crazy...

Shane said...

There is a little tear in my eye as I like about my little Joshy-pooh over there in the stinky country. Tell me this...was there a naked lady served witht that cup of coffee? Long live Acrape!!!

Josh McCasland said...

No, just with the vodka. American friends, oh how I long for you. I wish all of you were here.

Shane said...

Send us the freakin plane and will be there in a few!!!!

RSS Subscribe