Wednesday, September 12, 2007


I have not been a "member" of a church for about 1 yr. and a couple months.


I suppose I am in the uh? church crowd now. Melissa and I get up on Sunday mornings and decide wether we want to go to church or not. Cooper and Tatum want to go most of the time, but sometimes they would rather dress up at home and do their own interpretation of a passage in Judges. If we don't go to church we will make an IKEA trip or eat at R&K. Sometimes we wait for my parents to get out of church, and go eat with them. My Dad asks Cooper if we went to church, when he knows full well by the pajamas we are still wearing that we didn't go. Melissa usually asks if we need to go get ready (the sunday get up) to go eat with them, but then realizes that we would be hypocrites. I like to go to church, but I usually end up making fun of people or being cynical. Its funny how they all sound the same, but they think they are doing it different. We visited 18 churches this past year and I liked everyone of them. They were generally friendly and organized and had a vision for God. Then we would leave to go take a nap.


Doesn't this sound boring? I am literally boring myself.


The message I got was... Smile, Be a groupie at the Jesus concert, Throw some scripture and greek around with alliteration and points, and an akward trying to act excited about the announcements guy but do not have a clue about what the events or activities really are b/c our church is Awesome.


I usually don't even hear the give to our tv collection budget anymore.


This is what I sound like to remind myself that this is what I sound like.


Peace.


5 comments:

Shane said...

Is "A Church" a part of those 18? Cause I thought our gathering last week was awesome

Anonymous said...

I love awkward announcement guys. They crack me up. I also love it when i listen to a Donald Miller pod cast and then hear another pastor say the exact thing. The exact thing.

McCasland start an Ecclesia in W-town and blow those southern baptist away... yeehaa!

Jonathan Farr said...

hey man my new blogger address is

JonathanLFarr.blogspot.com

so change your link...

Josh McCasland said...

just like college. take a paper from the internet and put your name on it.

it works from the puplit also.

you crazy JFarr.

Traci said...

A college professor once told me that I'd do very well on my doctorate...I don't really have anything new to add to the already existing body of knowledge out there, but I can write/talk like I do...YIKES! (Boy have I proven him wrong!) Where is his zest?! Zest, Josh, zest...you're right!!!

Hey! Missed you at DK's reception last night...you and Melissa were supposed to be "planted" next to us...inbetween Jimmy and Amy! :) That would have been fun!!! ;) It was neat to see so many old friends....Keith and Denise...wow!!!!!!!

Heard you're living in Weatherford; my husband, Jon, and I are in Decatur...it would be fun to see y'all!!!

I "googled" your name this afternoon and came to this site...(not too much of an internet junkie...not much time)...but felt the urge! Your wife IS beautiful and your kiddos...oh my goodness! Would love to see more pictures!!! (Isn't life crazy...good crazy!?!) :)

Read about you visiting several churches...have you visited Victory Family Church in Decatur?? We've been attending for nearly 5 years...we like it...though at times I feel I need more...more to help fuel MY own "zest"! We're not members...hey, we're all members of the body of Christ, right...and that's what a church is!!!!!!!

Don't know if I'll ever find this site again...just happened to stumble on it inbetween grading some online stuff!!!! (Gotta take head to the leadings of the HS!)

God bless, Josh!!!!!
Traci Pettit :)

RSS Subscribe