Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Going from selfish to nonexsistent.

That is essentially what a Christian is compelled with. Its not that we have to be unselfish b/c it seems impossible. A better way of putting it is... we are done...nada... irreleveant. If something inside you jumps in disagreement to that statement, i'm with you. My heart defends that thought all the time.

The super Christian says, "No don't stop there... then Christ fills you, so you are new creation... more super than before." (boo- to that).

Is it really about you?

Christianity has been about me for as long as I can remember. My "me" has and is guiding Chrst in the direction he should go. I am reminded of this thought occasionally and face it. It usually ends with me asking, "where the hell am I?" Then I go on a mission to destroy me. For instance, I will empty my bank account, talk to a stranger for a long time, cuss, read my bible, or move my family to an apt to get rid of all our junk.

I am having one of those moments.



Thoughts:

  • Sometimes Jesus seems like a figment of imagination.
  • Following Jesus seems totally insane sometimes, especially when it comes to obedience.
  • Sometimes when I talk of Jesus, its seems so popular. It's like talking of Brett Favre like we were best friends, but if we ever met he wouldn't even recognize me.
  • Gods characteristic seems just as dark as it does light.
  • God has compelled me, in that, the farther I runaway the closer he gets.
  • Fearing God is legitimate fear, not fake smile fear.
  • God reveals just as much as he conceals.
Be blessed
Be cursed

Whatever way leads you back to Christ Favre.

1 comment:

Jonathan Farr said...

I think that we all do this. Because we are all glory hogs... We walk around with God in our pocket and we pull Him out when we need Him. For instance: when we get into a fight with our wife or we lose all of our money or someone dies. But really God should lead us and pull us out when He needs us.

Ask someone why God made them. And if they say anything besides "to glorify Him" then they think that life is about them.

RSS Subscribe