Friday, November 02, 2007







Do people know you for what you stand for?
or
Do people know more of you by what you oppose?





Think about it. Look at your closest friends and what they represent in this matter.

For instance I pledge allegiance to Michael Vick on PS2, odd music, receipt losers, mexican coffee beans, smart people who write sarcastic spiritual books, and Jack in the Box...(to name a few) This is me

Not that I even like all of these things, but my opposition to things in my life are of little importance in comparison to who I represent. Some of my allegiance will change, but only in time. Don't get me wrong I wish sometimes I could find all of my receipts, but those little boogers are clever...not to down play the frustration they cause me.

I have a friend or two who express there strong oppositions frequently. Using my examples as a parallel to this thought. He/she thinks video games are a waste of time, losing receipts is very irresponsible, coffee is gross and Jack In the Box had dead people in their freezers. Not to mention they didn't sleep good last night. I am okay with them doing this... oh well.


But back to the question my friend, what do you stand for? I'd like to know. Because sometimes we become more famous for what we oppose than who we are.


Take time to do something you love to do and do not be ashamed. Share your fantasy novels with someone or share something that represents you. Be content in life at this moment in time. Pray for transparent skin, so that others might see the condition of your heart.


Oppositon is a crutch of the skeptic. Take it away and you become lame. Sometimes I look at the world and see a bunch of lame cripples trying to hide their disability with a crutch.


All the while, the healing occurs when we stand for who we are, so that that process can begin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me to focus on the things I love- Thanks for the reminder to stop and enjoy because in this moment I am only thinking of things I am opposition to- ex. Cleaning up throw up, chasing mice living all over my house, doing 20 loads of laundry, and my dreaded 10 yr hs reunion I have this wknd!! If I just took a moment to realize that in this day I have already experienced so manywonderful pleasures- reading the newspaper, drinking my hot tea, and still being in my pjs at 11:30- I would soon realize that I have missed so many beautiful minutes in my day already because i haved been so zoned in on the wrong things... Everyone needs a good reminder now and then...

cody culberson said...

opposition is a crutch to the skeptic.

dig it.

RSS Subscribe